Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Help

          Today, I watched the movie “The Help”. I couldn’t watch it to the last, but I learned many things from it. Therefore, I am going to write about what I learned.


          First, I learned about discrimination. In this movie, white people treated black people terribly. For example, black people couldn’t use the same bathroom as white people. White people thought if black people used the same bathroom as white people, black people infected them with diseases. In short, white people had prejudice against black people and treated them terribly.
          

          Second, I learned about the importance of taking action. One white woman thought discrimination against black people was wrong, so she decided to write a book about it. As I said, I couldn’t watch the movie to the last, so I don’t know how things changed. However, I’m sure that her courage helped people to change their view. In other words, it is important to have the courage to take action.



          In conclusion, “The Help” taught me important things. I learned about discrimination and the importance of taking action.

No comments:

Post a Comment