I agree with the idea that children should
start learning a foreign language very early. I am going to write about the
reasons why I agree with.
First,
people can acquire a foreign language faster by starting learning it very
early. Children tend to have a greater ability to learn than adults do, which
makes it important to start learning early. For example, I have a ten-year old
cousin who speaks English fluently. He started learning English when he was five
years old. In other words, the earlier people start learning a foreign language,
the faster they acquire it.
Second, people
can have more opportunities to talk with people from another country by
starting learning a foreign language very early. For example, when I was in elementary
school, I was spoken by foreign people. However, I did not talk with them at
all because I had not learned English. If I had learned English earlier, I
could have enjoyed talking with them. In short, learning a foreign language very
early enables us to have more chances to talk with foreign people.
In
conclusion, I agree with the idea that children should start learning a foreign
language very early. By doing so, people have chances to acquire the language and
talk with foreign people. Although mother tongue is very important for
children, they should start learning a foreign language very early.
Hi, Mai. I enjoyed reading your blog. I think children should start learning a foreign language, too. I envy your cousin. I sometimes think I wish I had learned English earlier. Actually, my cousin lived in a foreign country, so she is good at speaking English than others who live in Japan. Also, you said you could not talk with foreign people when you were in an elementary school. I have the same opportunity, so I can understand the feeling of yours. Anyway, if we can learn English earlier, our chances will increase, so I think your opinion is understandable.
ReplyDeleteHi, Mai! I enjoyed reading your blog. I also agree with the idea, so I sympathized with your opinions a lot. I also think it is better for people to learn foreign language since people were very young. Actually, there are many people who have learned English in cram school before they learn English in junior high school, and they can understand English itself easier than people who have never learned English. By the way, were you spoken by foreign people when you were young? I felt quite relieved as you were not taken by unknown people!
ReplyDeleteHello, Mai!! I read your great blog. I agree with your idea that starting learning English early is good for improving English skills. As you experienced, I’m also spoken to foreigner and asked the way to the subway when I was a high school student. I could tell him it by using body language and easy vocabulary. I think that I could do well then if I start learning and practice speaking English more early. By the way, I heard you are good badminton player, aren’t you? I’m looking forward to fighting with you! 94words
ReplyDelete