Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My hometown


    I was born and  live in Gifu. It is a good place to live in. I'll write about my hometown.
  
     First, there are many mountains and rivers. For example, Nagara river is one of the most famous river in Gifu. It is famous for ‘ukai’. Ukai is a traditional way to fish with cormorants. Also Mt.Kinka is a beautiful mountain. There is a big castle in this mountain. In other words, Gifu has very beautiful nature.

     Second, there are many exciting festivals. For example, fire festival in my town is very exciting festival. People carry a portable shine and go into fire fall. Women cannot participate in this festival, but it is fun to see it. In short, Gifu is an exciting city.

     In conclusion, Gifu is a very good place. How about visiting Gifu?


1 comment:

  1. Your hometown seems very interesting! I have never seen ukai live but interested in it, so I want to see someday. Also I have never been to Mt. Kinka so I want to go. I like mountains because the air must be clean and fresh. In my hometown Tajimi City, there is also a fire festival once a year. I enjoy it every year and think it’s quite a big festival. However, I have heard fire festival at Nagara River is much bigger than that of my hometown. I can’t imagine how big it is so I strongly want to go there! On the other hand, I recommend you come to my hometown’s fire festival. I’m sure you can enjoy it.

    121 words

    ReplyDelete